General Care and Information
***Cars from TRANS AM WORLDWIDE, Beat The Heat loyal customer.
General Window Film Care
- Avoid winding down car windows within the first 48 hours of installation.
- Allow a minimum of 7 days to pass after installation before you clean the surface to ensure complete binding of the films to window.
- The surface may be washed with common cleaning solutions.
- Do not paste stickers or other adhesive materials (including suction cups) within the first week of installation. You may put up car decals after this period.
- Do not peel at the edges of window films.
- Refrain from using abrasive type cleaning agents and bristle brushes that will scratch the film. Instead, it is recommended to use synthetic sponges, squeegees, or soft cloth with a cleaning solution.
Solar Film Information “Halo-effect”
- Due to the nature of light, when it passes through the glass especially at the demister area, it will refract and hence causes the “halo-effect” - pronounced bright stripes that are observed at night when another car's headlights shine from behind.
- The intensity varies from car to car and performance of the film is not affected.
- Water bubbles are inevitable in every solar film application and are temporary.
- Allow up to 2 weeks, during which the car is exposed to the sun for at least 1 week, for the bubbles to evaporate.
- If the bubbles are still visible after 3 weeks, you may approach 3M or your installer for assistance.
Note: For the first week after film installation, the windows might appear hazy. This effect will disappear after the water vapour has evaporated.